Wake up to the sound of birdsong at the Buddha Maya Gardens Hotel, a simple retreat beautifully set within the Lumbini World Heritage Garden.
The hotel’s 80 rooms and suites are big, bright and comfortably furnished with all the modern conveniences you’d expect. All overlook Lumbini’s beautifully landscaped gardens, with the addition of either a private terrace or balcony. Dining facilities include a restaurant and bar with open seating and a fireplace, with a multi-cuisine menu featuring a choice of Chinese, Indian and Nepali dishes.
The hotel lies conveniently within five minutes’ walk of the main temples of Lumbini. When not visiting these sacred monasteries, or wandering the Sacred Garden (the birthplace of Buddha), you can hire a bicycle or car to explore attractions a little further afield, from the Lumbini Museum to the ancient ruins of Kapilovastu. Otherwise, you can make use of the hotel’s in-house meditation grotto and outdoor pool.
Buddha Maya Gardens Hotel, at a glance
- Simple, modern hotel with a quiet rural location in Lumbini
- Beautiful views over the Lumbini gardens
- 80 light and airy guestrooms and suites
- Private balconies and ensuite bathrooms
- Multi-cuisine restaurant serving a choice of Chinese, Indian, Nepali and continental dishes
- Fully-stocked bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Short walk or rickshaw ride from the main temples of Lumbini
- Outdoor swimming pool
- In-house meditation grotto
- Jogging track and lotus pond
- Bicycle and car rental available to explore sites further afield