This luxurious jungle resort finds itself on the banks of the Rapti River, perfectly positioned for forays into Nepal’s Chitwan National Park.
When not exploring this enchanting wilderness, Meghauli Serai is a wonderful place to relax with its expansive infinity pool and river-facing viewing deck. All rooms and guest areas enjoy uninterrupted views into the jungle, whilst the interiors are beautifully adorned with local art and artefacts. The large Newari door leading into the lobby was produced in a nearby Tharu village, whilst the chandelier in the main lounge features 10,000 Nepalese hand painted beads.
Chitwan National Park is regarded as one of Asia’s finest parks, and particularly as a sanctuary for the greater one-horned rhinoceros. Meghauli Serai offers excellent sightings of both rhino and gharial right from the property, but you can get even closer to the park’s wonderful wildlife on jeep and walking safaris with expert naturalists. Canoeing on the Rapti River is also on the menu, and a great way to admire views of the Himalayan foothills.
Meghauli Serai, at a glance
- High-end jungle safari resort in Nepal’s Chitwan National Park
- Tranquil setting on the banks of the Rapti River
- 30 guestrooms adorned with local art and artefacts
- Thatched roofs, mud walls and pebbled footpaths
- Private viewing deck overlooking the river
- Bar and restaurant decorated with dark wood furniture, woven baskets and tribal masks
- Dining consists of inventive Nepali fare prepared using organic vegetables from the garden
For leisure and pleasure
- Fantastic birdwatching with more than 600 species recorded here
- Twice daily jeep safaris in specially designed 4x4 vehicles
- Walking and elephant-back safaris
- Elephant bathing and feeding
- Plunge pool
- Library with a small selection of books
- Spa therapies available in rooms or massage hut