A family-run waterfront property, Farewell Harbour Lodge offers daily adventures to discover the abundant wildlife of the Broughton Archipelago and Great Bear Rainforest.
Reached via high-speed water taxi, the lodge lies on 30 acres of lush forested land on Berry Island in the Queen Charlotte Strait. Family owned and operated, Farewell Harbour has an intimate, authentic feel with just eight comfortable cabins and four floating suites linked by interconnecting boardwalks. The main lodge consists of an inviting lounge, dining room and bar with large picture windows framing fantastic water and forest views. The wraparound deck is the ideal spot to enjoy the sublime harbour sunsets.
A stay here is a chance to reconnect with the natural world on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Canada. Although the chance to view grizzly and black bears remains the main draw, the region also offers some of the best marine wildlife viewing in the country. Venture out with a kayak, boat or paddleboard for some wonderful encounters with humpback whales, sea lions, orcas and playful dolphins in the region’s beautiful straits and inlets.
Farewell Harbour Lodge, at a glance
- Welcoming west-coast inspired lodge set on Berry Island within British Columbia’s Queen Charlotte Strait
- At the heart of one of the most biologically diverse areas on the planet
- Owned and operated by the Brockway and McGrady families
- Eight private ocean-side suites and four ‘floating’ suites with ensuite bathrooms, local artwork, gas fireplaces and two queen-sized beds
- Superb location on the outskirts of the Great Bear Rainforest in Mamalilikulla First Nation territory
- Excursions led by a team of passionate, knowledgeable guides
- Wraparound deck with panoramic views of Farewell Harbour
For leisure and pleasure
- Guided Zodiac tours to get up close to the grizzly and black bears of the Great Bear Rainforest
- View dolphins, whales and seals on sea kayaking, paddle boarding and boating excursions
- Guided rainforest hikes, mountain biking and fishing excursions
- Photography workshops
- Community visits
- Heli-hiking adventures to discover remote mountain peaks, valleys and beaches