Occupying a former federal building in midtown Charleston, the historic Dewberry is a contemporary luxe hotel with a strong focus on design, service and attention to detail.
Overlooking leafy Marion Square in the heart of town, The Dewberry Charleston offers a sophisticated retreat from which to experience the charms of South Carolina’s oldest city. The exquisitely designed hotel - the communal work of preservationists, architects and artisans - puts on a beautiful display of mid-century modern design, handcrafted metalwork and original period furnishings. The 155 rooms and suites are elegantly appointed in crisp whites, creams and browns, with luxurious marble bathrooms, curated books and local antiques.
The eighth-floor Citrus Club (the highest terrace in the city) is a popular haunt amongst locals for rooftop cocktails, whilst the welcoming Living Room is a place to enjoy classic cocktails and quality, ingredient-driven dishes amidst charming mid-century furnishings. The tranquil spa, with its cypress-lined treatment rooms, offers an enticing menu of treatments drawing on native botanicals such as the antioxidant-rich dewberry plant. Complete with baskets and maps, the hotel also offers complimentary bicycles for guests to explore the local area with.
The Dewberry Charleston, at a glance
• Modern, mid-century hotel overlooking Marion Square in midtown Charleston
• A transformed 1960s federal office
• 155 thoughtfully appointed guestrooms, including 48 suites
• All marble and brass bathrooms with walk-in showers and soaking tubs
• Ornate handcrafted metalwork, period furnishings and carefully selected artwork by South Carolina artists
• Playful rooftop cocktail lounge - the highest rooftop in Charleston
• Inviting Living Room where you can enjoy aperitifs, classic cocktails and live music
For leisure and pleasure
• A couple of minutes’ walk from the Charleston Museum, as well as the shops, galleries and restaurants of King Street
• Complimentary bicycles available for guests to borrow
• Open-air yoga class on the rooftop terrace
• Sleek house cars to chauffeur guests about town
• Serene spa with five cypress-lined treatment rooms
• Fitness studio with high-end equipment