With over 125 years of fascinating history to its name, the iconic Roosevelt New Orleans is the place to stay in the Big Easy.
The Roosevelt was originally built by Bavarian-born businessman Louis Grunewald in 1893, and went on to become one of the grandest hotels in all the south, hosting the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Huey Long and Calvin Coolidge. Now part of Waldorf Astoria’s prestigious portfolio, with a reputation for outstanding service and personalised touches, the hotel’s $143 million renovation brought modern comforts whilst preserving the building’s original grandeur.
Choose to stay at The Roosevelt on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to the USA and you’ll find yourself perfectly poised for experiencing the charms of New Orleans. Canal Street is on your doorstep, whilst the delights of the French Quarter are within walking distance.
From speciality coffee in Teddy’s Cafe to expertly prepared cocktails in the historic Sazarac Bar - not forgetting sublime Italian fare in Domenica - the hotel’s dining and drinks facilities are impressive. Other facilities include a luxury spa and 12,000-square-foot health and wellness centre. Plush rooms feature traditional decor, clawfoot tubs and quality furnishings, whilst the suites are larger with additional living rooms.
The Roosevelt New Orleans, at a glance
- Iconic New Orleans property, the 14-storey Roosevelt is one of the oldest hotels in the city
- Steeped in grandeur and old-world charm, with a decor that blends the Gilded Age with Art Deco and Beaux-Arts with murals, tilework and period light fittings
- Originally established in 1893 under the name ‘The Hotel Grunewald’
- Total of 504 luxury guestrooms, including 135 suites
- Kick back in the historic Sazerac Bar
- Dine on world-class Italian cuisine at Domenica, the hotel’s signature restaurant
- Enjoy inventive cocktails and small plates in the glamorous Fountain Lounge with its dark wooden flooring and live jazz music
- The casual Teddy’s Cafe offers light bites and fresh coffee
For leisure and pleasure
- The hotel’s superb location puts you within walking distance of Bourbon Street and within a mile of the French Quarter, Mississippi River and downtown
- Amazing concierge service
- Stylish rooftop outdoor pool and hot tub
- Make use of the full-service luxury spa
- Impressive 12,000-square-foot health and wellness centre
- Boasts nearly 60,000 square feet of event space, including three glamorous ballrooms