Whether for a family break or romantic escape, Wildcatter Ranch is a place to reconnect with nature in the midst of glorious North Texas Hill Country.
Ride alongside Texas cowboys, test your aim at the archery range and get to grips with bull riding at this luxe Texan ranch. The property presents its guests with an impressive menu of Western-style adventures which also features clay pigeon shooting, canoeing and fishing. Those looking to unwind between activities can retreat to the serenity of the Sage Spa or cool off in the outdoor infinity pool overlooking the Brazos River Valley.
In terms of accommodation, guests have the choice of cosy guestrooms and luxury cabin suites set with granite vanities, cosy fireplaces, rustic wooden beds, beamed ceilings and seamlessly incorporated modern amenities. You’ll also find a porch where you can kick back in your own rocking chair and contemplate the beautiful rolling landscape before you. Authentic Texan cuisine, include hand-cut mesquite-grilled steaks, are served at the Wildcatter Steakhouse, perched dramatically atop a bluff.
Wildcatter Ranch, at a glance
- Luxurious working Texan cattle ranch and hotel
- Occupying 1,500 acres at the heart of glorious North Texas Hill Country
- Just a stone’s throw away from Possum Kingdom Lake
- Total of 41 guestrooms and secluded cabin suites with bespoke, western-style furnishings
- Feast on delicious cuisine at the Wildcatter Steakhouse which serves a variety of Texan dishes and local favourites
- Head to the laidback Blowout Saloon for drinks and live music
For leisure and pleasure
- Outdoor infinity-edge swimming pool overlooking the Brazos River Valley
- Enjoy a range of guided activities with local Texas cowboys
- Beginners and experts alike can saddle up and enjoy over 25 miles of horseback trail rides through the ranch
- Follow various walking trails
- Enjoy clay pigeon shooting and archery
- Practise your aim at the property’s new Rifle & Pistol Range
- Go canoeing down the Brazos River
- Guided pony rides available for young children
- Try your hand at tomahawk throwing
- Enjoy a ranch tour, and learn all about the region’s outlaw history