Named after the flamingos which flock to nearby Laguna Hedionda, Los Flamencos is a rustic hotel surrounded by some of South America’s wildest scenery.
A simple hotel, made from local materials and decorated to reflect the indigenous people of the area, Los Flamencos Eco-Lodge is a comfortable base for exploring the natural wonders of Bolivia's salt flats.
Natural spring waters feed the property and solar panels heat the rooms. Guests can enjoy healthy and simple meals from the lodge's restaurant. In the evening there are wonderful views of the night sky from the restaurant's skylight.
During the day guests can marvel at the thousands of James's Flamingos, inhabiting the lagoon in front of the lodge.
Los Flamencos is ideally positioned for exploring the picturesque high-altitude lagoons of southern Bolivia, reflecting the beautiful Andes mountains and volcanoes in the distance. At over 4,000m above sea-level, it really is somewhere that will take your breath away!
Los Flamencos Eco-Lodge, at a glance
- Simple hotel surrounded by some of Bolivia's wildest scenery
- Las Nevadas restaurant serves international and local cuisine
- Fully heated using solar panels
- Private rooms with ensuite bathrooms and hot water shower
- Remote! The closest civilisation is around 4 hours away
For leisure and please
- Explore the high-altitude Laguna Hedionda
- See huge numbers of James's flamingos in the lagoons
- Observe the beautifully clear night sky in the evening
- An ideal stop-off when travelling between the Atacama Desert and the Salt Flats
- 4x4 guided tours across the salt flats