Blending in beautifully with the region’s red-roofed, white-washed buildings, Casa Yahri is an elegant private villa in the exclusive La Loma neighbourhood.
Here in the attractive, colonial village of Barichara, life remains relatively untouched by tourism and locals still maintain a traditional Colombian lifestyle. Casa Yahri allows its guests to make the most of the region’s beautiful scenery and architecture through tailored activities led by personal, professional guides. From visits to coffee farms to artisanal workshops, river rafting and hikes along the ancient ‘Camino Real’ trail, there’s plenty to keep you busy.
The villa itself comes fully furnished and tastefully decorated. The three suites are designed as places of rest, with air conditioning, beautiful terraces and king size beds clad in the best linens. History buffs may prefer to stay in the Aratoca suite as it was part of the original home built in the late 19th century, whilst families will love the two-bedroom Guane suite with its private bathrooms and communal terrace overlooking the garden.
Casa Yahri, at a glance
- Elegant boutique hotel situated in the pretty colonial village of Barichara in the Colombian Andes
- Situated in the sophisticated La Loma neighbourhood
- Traditional white-washed building with wooden ceilings and adobe walls
- The hillside location affords great views over the historic centre and Andean landscape beyond
- Three air-conditioned suites with ensuite bathrooms, private terraces, king-size beds, minibars, free Wi-Fi and cable TVs
- The villa can be rented entirely for a private stay or on a room by room basis
- Enjoy meals prepared by a private chef or dine out at a local restaurant
- Sister property to Hacienda Bambusa in the Colombian coffee region
For leisure and pleasure
- Learn ceramic making, clay painting or weaving in an artisanal workshop
- Visit a nearby coffee farm to discover the entire coffee-making process
- Excursion to Guane and its Archaeological Museum
- Ride the cable car across the Chicamocha Canyon
- Learn how to prepare regional cuisine in a cooking class
- Hike the ‘Camino Real’ through Barichara to Guane
- Horseback adventures, mountain biking and paragliding in the Chicamoya Canyon
- Waterfall rappel and rafting on the Fonce River
- Enjoy a Tibetan massage