Peru’s southern coast is home to a huge variety of wildlife, beautiful desert landscapes and mythical sights including the Nazca Lines. The Hotel Paracas is the perfect environment and base to explore these southern treasures.
Hotel Paracas, a Luxury Collection Resort is part of the acclaimed Marriott Hotel group. It is one of the most comfortable hotels in the lively beach town of Paracas, which is just three hours by road south of Lima along the Pan-American highway.
The hotel has 120 rooms and suites and has been designed to appeal to both families and couples. All the rooms have a similar design, with light coloured walls, geometric textiles and other Inca inspired décor, offering a fresh but uniquely Peruvian feel. All of the rooms have their own terrace and offer beautiful views of either the surrounding gardens or ocean and some of the higher category rooms even come with their own plunge pool.
There are a variety of dining options at the hotel, including the Ballestas restaurant, which serves a mixture of local and Mediterranean cuisine and the more relaxed Chalana restaurant which specialises in seafood and is built on a pier, jutting out into the Pacific Ocean.
Along with the hotel’s two heated swimming pools, one of which is specifically for families, the hotel also has a spa and indoor pool. There is an onsite gym and the hotel also has kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, catamarans and sand bikes, all for guests to use.
For those looking for adventure, Hotel Paracas is only a short drive from Pisco airport, the entry point for flights over the Nazca Lines, a collection of giant geoglyphs etched into the desert. The hotel also has its own boat and jetty for guests looking to take a trip to the Ballestas Islands, famous for their wildlife which has seen the islands been described as Peru’s answer to the Galapagos.
Hotel Paracas is also only a short drive to the nearby Paracas Natural Reserve and the sand dunes and desert around Ica, an ideal spot for sandboarding and adrenaline filled dune buggy rides over the many dunes. For those who prefer to relax, the hotel’s main pool is surrounded by cushioned deck chairs and poolside cabanas, and there is even a food and beverage service run by the pool’s own butlers.
Hotel Paracas, at a glance
- Conveniently positioned, only three hours by road south of the Peruvian capital Lima
- 120 large and comfortable rooms and suites, each with their own terrace and overlooking the gardens or ocean
- A choice of different restaurants and bars, each specialising in their own cuisine
- Two heated swimming pools, including one swimming pool dedicated to families
- A host of amenities, including a spa, gym, kayaks and sand-bikes.
For leisure and pleasure
- Take an overflight of the impressive and mysterious Nazca Lines, from nearby Pisco airport
- Boat trips to the Ballestas Islands, home to a huge variety of bird and marine life and only a short boat ride away
- For the adventurous head to the sand dunes around Ica, where you can sandboard and take a dune buggy ride over the huge sand dunes
- Explore the Paracas Natural Reserve, known for its wild and windswept scenery and unusual rock formations
- Take a visit to a Pisco factory and see how Peru’s national drink is produced.