Looking out across the city of El Calafate, the Andean Mountains and the glistening surface of Lake Argentino, Esplendor El Calafate provides a comfortable base for forays into Argentine Patagonia.
The hotel is located right in the heart of El Calafate, the gateway into Argentine Patagonia and some of its most impressive natural wonders. Each day, following a free buffet breakfast, you can set out to explore the region and its treasures, including daily excursions to the enormous Perito Moreno Glacier (just 70km away). Other activities include trekking to El Chaltén, the hiking capital of Argentina, and quad biking through Calafate Mountain Park.
The guestrooms and suites are nice and spacious, with homey, Patagonian-inspired decor, local artwork and thoughtful modern amenities. Signature cocktails and gourmet cuisine, showcasing tasty local ingredients, are on offer at the Iglu bar and restaurant, alongside dreamy lake views. The tranquil spa offers plenty of soothing treatments as well as a heated indoor pool and dry sauna - perfect for some post-excursion R&R.
Esplendor El Calafate, at a glance
- Modern, elevated hotel in El Calafate with lovely views of the city, Andes and Argentino Lake
- Perfectly situated for exploring Argentine Patagonia
- Stylish lobby fitted with reclaimed wood furniture, sheepskin stools and comfy leather couches
- 57 comfortable rooms and suites with modern amenities that include 21” LCD TVs
- Signature regional and international dishes offered at the Iglu Restaurant
- Small bar offering afternoon tea, classic cocktails and wines from the property’s extensive wine cellar
- Free buffet breakfasts, with a variety of fruit and pastries, offered daily
For leisure and pleasure
- Soothing spa offering various treatments and massages
- Long stone heated indoor swimming pool and dry sauna
- Enjoy boat trips to the Upsala and Onelli glaciers
- Exciting excursions to Mount Fitz Roy, Mount Huyliche, Argentino Lake and more
- Horse riding, trekking and mountain biking
- Quad biking and skiing in Calafate Mountain Park
- Explore the various restaurants and shops of El Calafate’s city centre