Those who venture to this alluring eco-resort on the untouched Myeik Archipelago are promised a real adventure amidst white sand beaches, rocky coasts, hidden bays, lush mangroves and evergreen forests.
Set in a beautiful cove on its own private island in the Andaman Sea - just off the southern tip of Myanmar - the remote Wa Ale Island Resort is an escapists paradise. Whilst whisking you away from the bright lights and crowds of the city, you won’t find yourself missing any of the modern comforts. Each of the 13 luxury villas has been beautifully styled and custom designed from natural materials to blend into the surroundings. Expect elegant canopy beds, ensuite bathrooms, bamboo furniture, private decks and glorious ocean views.
From snorkelling the archipelago’s pristine reefs to kayaking through tranquil mangrove forests, Wa Ale allows its guests to fully immerse themselves in the rich natural beauty of the Myeik Archipelago in a responsible and sustainable way. The resort itself is constructed from locally reclaimed materials and designates a percentage of its ecotourism profits to conservation efforts in the Lampi Marine National Park.
Wa Ale, at a glance
- Beautiful resort with fantastic eco-credentials on a private island in the Myeik (or Mergui) Archipelago
- Located within the Lampi Marine National Park
- 11 tented beach villas with undisturbed ocean views, ceiling fans, canopy king bed, large living area, front and rear deck, ensuite bathroom and outdoor shower
- Two treetop villas set amidst the canopy with ocean views, king bed, ensuite bathroom, outdoor shower and spacious balcony
- All rooms have Wi-Fi, mosquito nets, daily tea and coffee service and luxury biodegradable amenities
- Main Pavilion Restaurant & Bar serving a blend of Asian and Mediterranean inspired cuisine featuring organic produce and freshly caught seafood
- River Cafe and Bar for light fare and drinks throughout the day
- Generates solar power, harvests rainwater and supports local communities
For leisure and pleasure
- Pristine beach on your doorstep
- Dive Centre
- Kayaking and paddle boarding along the river and through mangrove forests
- Trekking through the jungle to experience the indigenous flora and fauna
- Island hopping in Lampi Marine National Park
- Exercise pavilion and open-air activity centre
- The beach the resort sits on is a protected nested area for sea turtles
- Get an insight into the local Moken community with village visits
- Private in-villa massages