When the Caravelle first opened its doors in the 1950s, it was lauded as one of the tallest and most modern buildings in the country.
The property has since grown into the fabric of Ho Chi Minh itself. Its location at the very heart of the city is one of its top recommendations. Iconic attractions, from the historic Opera House to the Notre Dame Cathedral and famous Ben Thanh Market, are all within walking distance. After a long day of sightseeing, head to the rooftop Saigon Saigon Bar for a sundowner complemented by sparkling city views.
The rooms, sleek and with generous amenities, are amongst the best in the city. From beautiful marble bathrooms with walk-in showers to soundproof windows and 49” Samsung TVs, each room is decked out in all the modern comforts. Facilities include a spa, a dedicated Champagne Corner and gorgeous freeform pool framed by daybeds, a sunken seating area and bar. There are multiple dining venues to choose from, from the fine-dining Reflections Restaurant to the flagship Buffet Nineteen where seafood from the East Sea is served fresh.
Caravelle Hotel, at a glance
- Iconic, atmospheric hotel in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City
- Originally opened on Christmas Eve in 1959
- Overlooking the Opera House and Lam Son Square
- 335 glamorous guestrooms and suites spread throughout two wings
- Modern amenities including 49” Samsung flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi and Nespresso coffee machines
- Four restaurants and four bars
For leisure and pleasure
- Close to many attractions including the Saigon Municipal Theatre, Notre Dame Cathedral, Dong Khoi Street and Ben Thanh Market
- Impressive rooftop bar with great views
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Fitness Centre open 24/7
- Tranquil Kara Spa
- Champagne Corner serving caviar, truffles and oysters