Cruising the remote, unspoilt waters of Lan Ha Bay – Halong Bay’s quieter, but no less scenic neighbour – the elegant Ylang offers you a deep insight into the region’s natural charms.
The latest addition to Heritage Line’s distinctive fleet, Ylang is one of the region’s most luxurious vessels, combining 10 lavishly appointed suites and Italian marble bathrooms with an expansive spa, yoga room and fine, wood panelled restaurant. Drawing on traditional Vietnamese design and heavily showcasing the work of local artisans, the interiors throughout are supremely elegant, with dark wood panels, watercolour paintings and delicate floral motifs everywhere.
A cruise aboard the Ylang is a chance to uncover the spectacular limestone karst formations and secret coves of Lan Ha Bay and its largest island - Cat Ba. Each day brings a new adventure, whether you choose to kayak the bay’s tranquil waters, explore traditional fishing villages by bike or laze on natural beaches. Back on board, you can unwind in the cosy Library Salon or head to the bar which boasts 180-degree glass windows and gorgeous views of the passing seascapes.
Ylang, at a glance
- Luxury, wellness-themed vessel cruising the remote waters and limestone islets of Lan Ha Bay
- Beautiful floral-themed decor inspired by the four seasons and blending Asian-Vietnamese design with French colonial accents
- 10 individually decorated suites with private balconies and panoramic windows
- Lavish Italian marble bathrooms fitted with walk-in showers and bathtubs
- Chic social spaces furnished with hardwood, rattan and colonial-style fans
- Indulge in a variety of treatments at the impressive spa which boasts three private treatment rooms, a steam bath, sauna and reflexology area
- Enjoy morning Tai Chi sessions on the terrace deck and daily yoga sessions in the dedicated yoga room
- Delicious menu of Vietnamese and international cuisine served in the wood-panelled restaurant
- Swimming pool
- Activities include exploring authentic floating fishing villages, kayaking in hidden coves, hiking through the lush forest of Cat Ba National Park and lazing on natural beaches
Where will the Ylang take you?
- 2-night cruises taking in Lan Ha Bay and Cat Ba Island