Immerse yourself in Seychellois island life at Carana Beach, a beautiful boutique hotel offering 40 ocean-facing chalets within steps of a dazzling white sand beach.
Set on one of the most scenic bays in all of Mahe, from which it draws its design cues, Carana Beach offers a wonderfully relaxing stay for couples and families alike. Backed by verdant tropical forest, all of Carana’s airy chalets come stylishly appointed with gorgeous views over the picturesque sandy beach. Natural materials, soft oceanic colours, private terraces and handcrafted beds feature throughout, but for added indulgence opt for one of the larger chalets with its own plunge pool overlooking the turquoise ocean.
Days can be spent lounging on the white sands on your doorstep or exploring some of the other idyllic beaches nearby. The hotel has its own small spa and swimming pool right on the beachfront, whilst more adventurous activities include hiking, diving and island-hopping to sister property Denis Private Island. From tasty tapas at the main bar to inventive Creole dishes at Lorizon, the dining experience at Carana is centred around fresh ingredients sourced from the hotel’s family-owned farm.
Carana Beach, at a glance
- Family-owned beachfront boutique hotel on the northeast coast of Mahe
- 40 large, bright and airy chalets framed by lush vegetation just steps from the beach
- 12 chalets feature a private pool
- All rooms have stunning sea views, spacious bathrooms, supremely comfortable handcrafted beds, air conditioning and soft neutral colours
- Traditional Seychellois architecture with natural materials and decor inspired by the surroundings
- Lorizon Restaurant serving refined international cuisine with Creole flavours
- Sister property to the luxurious Denis Private Island
For leisure and pleasure
- Outdoor beachfront swimming pool
- Open terrace with sun loungers
- Direct beach access
- Small onsite spa and wellness centre offering a choice of therapeutic treatments
- Activities include diving, hiking and island-hopping
- Laidback bar and lounge area
- Excursions to discover the main island of Mahe, including the capital Victoria