Named after the Asiatic wild dogs that roam the surrounding jungle, Dhole’s Den is an eco-friendly safari lodge on the edge of the renowned Bandipur Tiger Reserve.
Accommodation consists of two guestrooms in the main building, one suite and two separate bungalows. The guestrooms, called ‘habitats’, are light, airy and spacious with high ceilings, glass sliding doors and a shared balcony that affords uninterrupted views of the Nilgiri Mountains. The standalone bungalows are more private and enjoy the addition of skylights and showers with open roofs. Balconies are expansive and offer the perfect spot from which to take in the misty mornings and beautiful sunsets.
With no televisions in any of the rooms, Dhole’s Den invites its guests to really experience the natural surroundings. You can head out with your camera to capture the birds of the area, pick vegetables from the on-site garden or simply read a book and soak up the tranquil views. A safari in nearby Bandipur Tiger Reserve offers you the opportunity to encounter tigers, antelope, chital, sloth bears, elephants, leopard, wild dog and a variety of birds.
Dhole’s Den, at a glance
- Boutique, eco-friendly lodge and homestay on the outskirts of Bandipur Tiger Reserve
- Two guestrooms with spacious bedrooms, one with a king bed and the other with a twin bed
- Covered balcony area that opens onto a great vista of the Nilgiris
- High ceilings and glass louvers keep the rooms cool in the midday heat
- The two Garden Mansions feature spacious living and bedroom areas, marble seating, skylights, an expansive balcony and bright bathrooms with open roofs
- The Mountain Paradise room, overlooking a rainwater pond, features a king bed, large balcony and private sundeck
- Minimalistic décor with pops of colour from the artwork on the walls
- Designed to have a minimal impact on the environment, with many local trees and plants throughout the property
- International cuisine using locally sourced produce
For leisure and pleasure
- Safari in Bandipur Tiger Reserve where you can encounter sloth bears, elephants, wild boar, tigers, leopard and wild dog
- Take nature walks
- Visit nearby villages
- Cooking demonstrations
- Relax in the meditation area
- Browse the wildlife books in the library
- Relax on your balcony and drink in the beautiful views