A stone’s throw from the Hermitage and Mariinsky Theatre, the elegant Angleterre is one of St Peterburg’s oldest hotels, and still a fine base from which to immerse yourself in the delights of this enchanting city.
The Angleterre can be found on St Isaac’s Square in the heart of St Peterburg, conveniently close to the city’s finest cultural and artistic attractions. Natural wooden furnishings, Italian marble bathrooms and bright accents combine in the 192 rooms and suites to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Many rooms have their own padded window seats where you can curl up with a book or a cup of tea and watch life passing by on the historic streets below.
Specialising in delicious homemade Italian cuisine, the Borsalino Restaurant boasts wonderful views over St Isaac’s Cathedral. Guests are also treated to an English-style tea service in the afternoon, and are always free to dine at sister property Astoria. When it comes to facilities, the Angleterre impresses with its fourth-floor Fitness Centre where you’ll find a well-equipped gym, sauna and small swimming pool. The property even has its own in-house art cinema where you can catch film premieres alongside ballet and opera broadcasts - tickets can be obtained from the concierge.
Angleterre Hotel, at a glance
- Located in the heart of the city, the sophisticated Angleterre is one of St Petersburg’s oldest hotels
- Overlooking St Isaac’s Square in the historic centre
- 192 modern rooms with stylish interiors by Olga Polizzi, design director of Rocco Forte Hotels
- Bright Italian marble bathrooms with power showers and bathtubs
- Wonderful restaurant serving homemade Italian cuisine in an exquisite atmosphere
- Sister property to the neighbouring five-star Astoria Hotel, with which it shares many communal facilities
For leisure and pleasure
- Expansive fitness area with a well-equipped gym, sauna and beauty studio
- Small indoor swimming pool
- Cinema Lounge with 186 seats
- Short walk away from the State Hermitage Museum, Palace Square, Bronze Horseman and Mariinsky Theatre
- Close to the shops, cafes and bars of the Nevsky Prospect
- English-style tea service in the afternoon
- Concierge who can arrange tours, theatre bookings, restaurant reservations and more