Occupying an 18th-century manor house on 500 acres of idyllic Hampshire countryside, the Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire is the dream country escape – and just an hour away from London.
With hundreds of acres of parkland at your disposal, days can be spent enjoying an array of outdoor pursuits. Falconry lessons, fishing, clay pigeon shooting, croquet, horse riding and boat rides on the Basingstoke Canal (which runs through the grounds) are just a handful of the activities you’ll have at your fingertips. Children are also well catered for with treasure hunts, kite-flying and an adventure playground. Those looking to explore nearby attractions will find Windsor Castle, Farnham Castle, Salisbury and Stonehenge all within easy reach.
After a full day, the plush spa - set in the old stable block - is the perfect sanctuary with its vitality pool, sauna and crystal steam room. You can also take traditional afternoon tea in the Library, sink into one of the deep armchairs and admiring the charming views across the rolling Hampshire hills. Rooms and suites are tastefully decorated in a quintessentially English style complete with pretty floral patterns, wood furnishings and incredibly plush beds. When it comes to dining, the flagship Wild Carrot restaurant impresses with its finely crafted, seasonal menu incorporating ingredients from local markets.
Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, at a glance
• Elegant 18th-century manor house set Hampshire’s historic Dogmersfield Park
• Home to a magnificently manicured walled garden dating back to the 17th century
• 111 guestrooms and 22 luxury suites decorated in a classically English style
• Marble bathrooms with spacious walk-in showers and Asprey toiletries
• Steeped in historic charm yet equipped with contemporary technology and comforts
• Fine dining restaurant serving modern British cuisine, a cafe-restaurant and a refined bar serving classic craft cocktails
• Library lounge offering classic afternoon tea
• Extensive 24-hour room service
For leisure and pleasure
• An array of organised activities for children
• Family-friendly indoor pool with a 13-foot waterslide, bubble jets and rotating umbrella fountain
• Extensive spa with an outdoor vitality pool, indoor conservatory pool, sauna and crystal steam room
• Local attractions include Windsor Castle, Farnham Castle, Stonehenge and the towns of Winchester and Salisbury
• On-site activities include fishing on Belvedere Pond, horseback riding, falconry lessons, bird watching, clay pigeon shooting and croquet
• Two year-round tennis courts and a gym overlooking the Zen Garden
• Boat rides on the Basingstoke Canal aboard the hotel’s custom-built boat