Backed by the majestic Apuan Alps and framed by a beautiful manicured garden, this classic hotel lies at the heart of the glamorous seaside town of Forte dei Marmi in Tuscany, Italy.
Boasting exquisite views across the Tyrrhenian Sea, Hotel Byron is a historic, much-loved Tuscan villa combining Art Deco elegance with contemporary design. Guests are accommodated in 28 tastefully appointed rooms and suites where you’ll find understated interiors, luxurious marble bathrooms and either a sea or garden view. The former summer retreat of the Duke of Zoagli, the resort also offers Michelin-starred dining at the acclaimed Ristorante La Magnolia, with each dish drawing on the unique flavours of the region.
From the hotel, you’ll find yourself within a short drive of Tuscany’s most enticing historic cities, including Pietrasanta and Pisa, where you can uncover a whole host of medieval churches, Renaissance palaces and ancient monuments. Otherwise, your days can be spent lazing on golden sands, practising your swing at the nearby golf courses or exploring nearby biking and hiking trails.
Hotel Byron, at a glance
- Celebrated seafront resort set in the heart of Tuscany’s Forte dei Marmi town
- Set in a lovely manicured garden, the property was once the summer residence of the Duke of Zoagli
- Refined decor, manicured gardens and far reaching views across the Tyrrhenian Sea
- 28 modern guestrooms and suites with hardwood floors, luxurious marble bathrooms and either a sea or garden view
- Sophisticated, soft-shaded interiors combined with a friendly, warm atmosphere
- Dine on a fine fusion of Tuscan and Campanian cuisine, created with the freshest of local ingredients, in the Michelin-starred Ristorante La Magnolia
For leisure and pleasure
- Browse the hotel’s Project Room where the works of contemporary artists are exhibited
- Two swimming pools
- Beach club just in front of the hotel with sunbeds and deck chairs
- Forte dei Marmi’s long sandy beaches are perfect for swimming, sailing, surfing, windsurfing and beach volleyball
- Within walking distance of high-end boutiques and buzzing nightspots
- Array of activities for kids, including cooking classes, games and outdoor adventure at the Apua Adventure Park
- Numerous golf courses in the surrounding area
- Horseback excursions can be arranged, as well as visits to artists’ studios
- Follow beautiful hiking paths through the surrounding countryside and go climbing in the Apuan Alps
- Guests can enjoy specially arranged picnics and candlelit dinners on the beach