L’oscar instantly catches the eye with its lavishly-furnished guestrooms, velvet and leather-coated interiors and seven-storey chandelier. An incredible transformation from what was originally a Baptist church in the early 1900s.
The sumptuous interiors of this Grade II-listed building - imagined by interior designer Jacques Garcia - are elegantly eccentric with tassels, velvet pillows and bird motifs interspersed with original stain-glassed windows, marble fireplaces and oak-panelled walls. Bedrooms and suites are spectacularly set in deep golds, reds and purples, and feature plush feather beds, chaise longues, deep soaking tubs and marble bathrooms.
The centrepiece of the hotel is undoubtedly its restaurant, dramatically located in the former chapel and spread across several stories. Helmed by renowned London chef Tony Fleming, the Baptist Grill serves an exciting and inventive menu showcasing the very best of seasonal British ingredients. Equally alluring is the ground floor Café L'oscar, inspired by the elegance of a Parisian cafe with its illuminated onyx bar, mirror-lined ceilings, gilded panels and original artwork.
L’oscar, at a glance
- Quirky boutique hotel with a good central location in Holborn
- A mix of original Baroque architecture, Arts and Crafts details and the flair of interior designer Jacques Garcia
- 39 guestrooms, including 13 suites
- Plush beds with hand-picked down feathers
- Modern amenities including flat-screen TVs, media hub and complimentary Wi-Fi
- Fantastic restaurant serving delicious, seasonal cuisine
- Café L’oscar offers delicious breakfasts, bistro-style lunches, dinners and delectable desserts
- Alluring Baptist Bar with a plethora of plush purple sofas to lounge on
For leisure and pleasure
- Positioned within easy reach of the bars, shops and restaurants of the West End
- Steps from Holborn Tube station
- Explore nearby Soho and Covent Garden
- 24-hour butler service
- Complimentary yoga mats
- Bespoke bath products by Roja Dove in all rooms
- Many museums and galleries in the vicinity