A traditional river barge, converted to the very highest standards and including a spa pool, sun deck and wood panelled dining room. This is indeed La Belle Epoque.
Is there a better way to experience one of the most prized regions of France than ambling through the rich countryside at little more than walking pace, aboard a supremely comfortable floating hotel? La Belle Epoque will glide you effortlessly past the historic towns, the ancient chateaux, the churches and vineyards of Burgundy with ultimate ease – while you experience on board comforts like a spa pool and sun deck, glorious meals (this is France after all) and spacious cabins with marbled en suites.
La Belle Epoque will also take you to the monumental Abbaye de Fontenay and to an equally impressive wine tasting in the cellars of Domaine, to sample some of the region’s finest Chablis. You’ll alight at the village of Flavigny sur Ozerain, where ‘Chocolat’ was filmed, before sailing on to see the Chateau d’Ancy-le-France and the village of Noyers-sur-Serein, widely acknowledged as one of the most picturesque in Burgundy. Further on you’ll have the opportunity to take a hot air balloon flight over the infamous battle site of Alsia. And all the while you’ll be sampling superb wines – the natural companions to regional and seasonal dishes like filet d’agneau au basilic, magret de canard and poulet a l’estragon.
La Belle Epoque, at a glance
- Original trading barge, beautifully converted into a delightful floating hotel
- Completely redesigned for supreme passenger comfort and elegant cruising
- Choice of spacious twin or double staterooms with marbled en suite bathrooms
- Spa pool with sun deck for lazing and watching the passing countryside
- Luxurious salon/dining room with traditional wood panels
- Destinations include famous religious buildings and an opulent chateau, wine estate and scenic villages
- Battlefield visit with optional hot air balloon flight
- Dedicated crew of six, including two hostesses
- Professional tour guide
- Excellent walking and cycling along the towpath