There must an artistic quality to the light and atmosphere in the village surrounding Le Mas Candille. After all, Picasso had his studio here for 15 years.
You don’t have to be one of the world’s most recognised artists to appreciate the beauty of this corner of Provence. Stand on your balcony at Le Mas Candille and survey the quaint, medieval village of Mougins – the vista stretching off to dark green hills and the glittering Mediterranean – and you’ll understand why Picasso was inspired by the town.
You’ll probably find you also become inspired by Le Mas Candille. It’s a delightfully converted 18th century farmhouse, with an additional villa and 19-roomed La Bastide. Together they offer you a choice of contemporary suites with a traditional ambience; individually designed guest rooms plus 20 romantic guest rooms in the ancient farmhouse. All with the sort of five star quality that matches your plans for a luxury, tailor-made holiday to Province.
Le Mas Candille, at a glance
- Luxury, five star hotel in 10 acres of traditional parkland
- Just 10 minutes from Cannes and only 30 minutes from Nice-Côte d’Azur International Airport
- Choice of 20 romantic guest rooms in a centuries old farmhouse
- Villa featuring contemporary suites with private terraces
- La Bastide offering 19 unique rooms and one suite
- Delightful views over the village and countryside
- Two fine restaurants
For leisure and pleasure
- Great walks in the 10-acre gardens featuring ancient olive groves, cypresses and over 200 Mediterranean plants
- Fabulous Shiseido Spa with five treatment rooms
- Jacuzzi, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, relaxation and fitness areas
- Cookery programme including local market visits, culinary course and tastings
- Great base for visiting Cannes and touring the Côte d’Azur