For some people, pieces of music take on a special meaning. For visitors to Le Negresco, the hotel itself assumes a romantic significance.
It isn’t just diehard romantics who fall under the spell of Le Negresco. Jaded world travellers, habitués of the world’s most famous hotels, pop stars and jet setters all take this remarkable place to their hearts.
As well they might. If you join the likes of the Beatles, Princess Grace of Monaco, Salvador Dali and Louis Armstrong, you’ll find yourself in a visually stunning environment where art is all and the décor draws its inspiration from five centuries of French culture - from Louis XV1 and Marie Antoinette to the modern era.
The tradition of excellent cuisine continues too, in a contemporary idiom. Le Negresco has two destination restaurants: La Rotonde Brasserie and Le Chantecler – without a doubt Nice’s finest restaurant, overseen by double Michelin-starred Jean-Denis Rieubland.
Le Negresco, at a glance
- Unrivalled setting in the centre of Nice
- Choice of 96 splendid guest rooms and 21 sumptuous suites
- Decorated to reflect the art and culture from five centuries of French history
- The extraordinary Royal Suite, for example, is in the hotel’s 1913 dome and offers a huge circular bedroom and double lounge, with panoramic sea and garden views
- Two world class restaurants plus an elegant bar
For leisure and pleasure
- ‘Le Neptune’ private beach
- Partnered with Absolu Spa offering Turkish baths, massages and a menu of body and facial treatments
- Golf, tennis, opera, theatre and casino entry arranged by the ‘Golden Key’ concierge service
- Family rooms and child minding service
- Superb access to fashionable restaurants, the flower market, chic boutiques and shops, theatres, galleries, museums and casinos