Completely different from the usual grand hotel, Villa Clarisse welcomes you to a historic, renovated 18th century mansion in the heart of old Saint-Martin-de-Ré.
Stay in the meticulously restored old mansion of Ferdinand Auguste Lapasset – one of France’s leading soldiers of the 18th century – and you will come to feel the typical soul of the grand houses of Ile de Ré.
You will also experience a feeling of total relaxation. The staff of Villa Clarisse welcome you as a respected friend and you soon feel completely at home amidst the luxuries of this unassuming hotel. The quiet, shaded garden offers a sense of tranquillity and peace that is further enhanced by lazing beside the swimming pool or indulging yourself in the spa – experiencing deep, Asian and Indian or bamboo energy massages.
Once thoroughly relaxed, you’re in the perfect position to explore the quaint sights and beautiful coastal countryside of Ile de Ré.
Villa Clarisse, at a glance
- Exceptional setting in the centre of historic Saint-Martin-de- Ré
- Small, restored boutique hotel with just five guest rooms and four suites
- Rooms have beautiful bathrooms and tranquil, garden views
- Suites are spacious, with separate or integral living rooms and old town views
- Fine dining experience provided by La Table d’Olivia harbour-side restaurant
For leisure and pleasure
- Garden swimming pool with views of the church and bell tower
- Luxurious spa with range of relaxing and restorative treatments
- Excellent base for exploring the 10 charming villages, local restaurants, the fine sandy beaches, picturesque harbours, forests and fascinating salt marshes of this intriguing Atlantic island