Overlooking the beautiful East Rangá River, Hotel Rangá is one of the few truly luxurious hotels in southern Iceland. Offering fine dining, elegant suites and a front row view of the Northern Lights, you’re ensured a memorable stay.
Set on the banks of one of Iceland’s most famous salmon rivers, Hotel Ranga enjoys views of glaciers, the Mt. Hekla volcano and Westman Islands. There are 52 cosily furnished rooms including seven suites themed after each of the continents. The acclaimed Rangá Restaurant is one of the region’s leading gourmet destinations, where meals are inspired by contemporary Nordic cuisine and prepared using predominantly local ingredients.
Thanks to its rural location, light pollution around the hotel is at a minimum and as a result, the conditions are superb for stargazing. Enjoy use of the property’s very own observatory where you can watch the stars and planets through state of the art astronomical telescopes. The Rangá is also perfectly situated for viewing the mystical Northern Lights, offering a wake-up call for guests who don’t want to miss out on this spectacular natural phenomenon. Other activities include salmon fishing, trekking, snowmobiling, white water rafting and jeep tours.
Hotel Rangá, at a glance
- Luxury 4-star hotel in log-cabin style in South Iceland
- 52 luxurious and cosily furnished rooms and suites
- Amenities include TVs, Wi-Fi, hairdryers, coffee-and-tea-making facilities and wake-up service
- The Rangá Restaurant offers fine Nordic cuisine in a charming riverside setting
- Extensive wine and bar selection
- Just a two-hour drive from Keflavík International Airport
For leisure and pleasure
- Perfect location for viewing the Northern Lights, providing guests with blankets and custom made benches to relax upon while watching the skies
- Incredible stargazing opportunities in the hotel’s own observatory
- Ideal base for exploring the Icelandic highlands and nearby glaciers, volcanoes, fishing villages, waterfalls and hot springs
- World-class salmon fishing
- Riding and trekking
- White water rafting and snowmobile excursions