With simply stunning views and an even more special setting, the majestic Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo offers luxury both inside the hotel and out, on the peaceful island of Sicily.
The Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo is rated as one of Italy’s most glamorous retreats, and is a worthy destination on any luxury, tailor-made holiday to Sicily. Stroll amongst its fragrant, terraced gardens - or relax as you take early morning coffee on your private balcony - and you will inevitably be drawn towards the view of the ancient Greek Theatre. It is the classic bowl shape and stands on a high promontory, with the glittering blue sea forming the perfect theatrical backdrop.
The hotel – as its title suggests – is similarly grand. The Literary Terrace, for example, lends itself to relaxation and contemplation of the magnificent views. To-die-for panoramas are a theme here; the restaurant specialises in regional Sicilian and modern Mediterranean dishes served against mouth-watering views of Mount Etna and Capo Taormina.
Grand Hotel Timeo, at a glance
- Luxury hotel in an awe-inspiring setting
- Choice of 70 guest rooms and suites situated in the Timeo building or Villa Flora – a charming country house
- Most rooms have balconies or terraces with views over the Bay of Naxos
- Suites feature Sicilian Baroque décor and furnishings, opulent bathrooms and fantastic views of Etna and the sea
- Superb, fine dining restaurant plus informal bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Private beach on the beautiful Bay of Mazzaro in Taormina Mare
- Beach bar
- Heated swimming pool with sun deck
- Spa and wellness centre offering signature treatments and products
- Massage rooms, sauna, steam room
- Beauty treatments and hairdressers
- Extra facilities available at Villa Sant’Andrea
- Great base for a luxury, tailor-made holiday to Sicily