Drawing sun and snow seekers alike, Cristallo’s gracious hospitality, rich heritage and stunning views make it one of the most sought-after destinations in the Italian Dolomites.
Since opening in 1901, the property has been carefully refurbished to preserve its wonderful historic features. Today, housed within its grand building are 74 elegant rooms and suites, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, sublime spa and four restaurants serving classic Italian cuisine. Private terraces allow you to enjoy your breakfast alongside amazing views of the Dolomites.
The hotel itself enjoys a privileged position above the enchanting ski resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo - made famous as the host of the 1956 Winter Olympics. The area forms part of the Dolomoti Superski - one of world’s largest ski circuits. In winter, you’ll have access to excellent on and off-piste skiing and all levels of on-snow excitement, from snowboarding to heli-skiing, ice climbing to snow-kiting. With guided ski safaris and helicopter tours in between.
With summer comes the opportunity to hike, bike and climb through a forested, mountainous landscape recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Or play a round of golf against a magnificent backdrop. And when you want to unwind, you can venture into the luxurious sauna or Turkish bath at the Cristallo Ultimate Spa, or take advantage of one of the rejuvenating treatments.
Cristallo Resort & Spa, at a glance
- Grand historic hotel overlooking Cortina d’Ampezzo in the heart of the Dolomites
- Choice of 54 rooms and 20 suites, all decorated in a charming, traditional local style
- Ensuite bathrooms in Carrara marble with spa baths and showers
- Hand-decorated wall panels and parquet flooring
- Sweeping views over Cortina, the valley and surrounding mountains
- Many of the larger suites feature chandeliers and separate lounge areas
- Four restaurants, all serving food of the highest quality, plus a Chef’s Table
For leisure and pleasure
- Genuine, two-season resort
- Complimentary shuttle bus to and from the main ski lifts
- Spa, fitness centre and indoor swimming pool
- Winter offers piste and off-piste skiing, snowboarding, heli-skiing, snow-kiting, ice skating - the hotel has its own rink – ice karting, ice climbing, panoramic helicopter rides
- Summer offers tremendous hiking and climbing, biking and mountain biking, canyon experiences, water rafting, tennis, guided excursions and trips to an adventure park that includes Tibetan bridges, high wire cables and pulleys