A grand monasterial-like hotel, the luxurious Eremo della Guibilliana is beautifully situated in the Sicilian countryside.
The walls breathe history. And there is still a feeling of long ago times; of fortresses and convents, Arab invaders and passing Crusaders. Eremo della Guibiliana is part of an estate that included a 12 century fortified Arab hermitage. It was a bastion against Turkish invasion, and its convent structure attracted Crusaders as long ago as the early 16th century.
Of course, if you make the Eremo della Guibiliana part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Italy you will find new levels of comfort and elegance. Nowadays it’s a five star hotel featuring the best of contemporary amenities. Not least of which is the fine-dining Don Eusebio Restaurant with its attendant Culinary School and admirable wine cellar.
Eremo della Guibiliana, at a glance
- Ancient Sicilian estate transformed into an exquisite, five star hote
- Choice of classic double, superior and deluxe rooms, suites and stone cottages
- Many rooms are converted friars’ cells complete with modern comforts and en suites
- Suites are highly individual - like the three storey Torre del Canonico Suite set in a 15th century tower, or the upper floor Grand Master’s Suite with two balconies and stunning views
- Wonderful food served beneath the arches of the Crusaders’ old refectory
For leisure and pleasure
- On-estate archaeological site with a necropolis dating back to the fifth century BC
- Easy access to Ragusa-Guibiliana, Europe’s most southerly airfield
- Flying tours of the island
- Boat cruises along the incomparable coast
- Excursions to explore the Eremo region
- Cookery master classes
- Wilderness and Baroque Tours to discover caves and forests, archaeological sites and railways