There are few more prestigious settings in the whole of Venice, almost nowhere more splendid, and only a couple of palaces with a more illustrious past. Built in 1525, Gritti Palace was the regal residence of Doge Andrea Gritti and he was obviously a man who saw the value of an incomparable location.
Make Gritti Palace part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Italy and you’ll be enjoying in an imposing palazzo on the banks of the Grand Canal. You’ll be overlooking Santa Maria della Salute, and staying within a leisurely stroll of Piazza San Marco and the major sights of Venice.
You’ll also have privileged access to the Venice Lido. You’ll be able to dine in some splendour at Club del Doge and drink elegant cocktails in Bar Longhi.
Gritti Palace, at a glance
- Glittering hotel in an original, 16th century palace overlooking the Grand Canal
- Choice of 82 distinctive rooms and superb suites
- Traditional furnishings complemented by contemporary refinements
- Murano glass chandeliers and ornate gilded ceilings, chatoyant draperies, antique mirrors and marble tiled en suites
- Splendid canal or piazza views from huge windows or private balconies
- Renowned restaurant with an al fresco terrace overlooking the canal, plus elegant bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Spa with two treatment rooms
- Massage and steam room decorated with Venetian mosaics
- Unrivalled setting for enjoying the sights and bustle of Venice’s world famous Grand Canal
- Minutes from the Doge’s Palace, St Mark’s Square and Bell Tower, Rialto Bridge, the Guggenheim and Correr Museum
- Close to the irresistible shops, galleries and restaurants of this remarkable city
- Access to Venice Golf Club
- Expert guided art and history tours