Nothing seems to have changed and you know nothing ought to be changed. Santa Caterina (even the name sounds as typically Italian and as old as the surrounding hills) is a traditional, late 19th century, liberty-style villa that seems part of the cliff into which it nestles. Age-old olive groves and fruit orchards surround it. Bougainvillea bushes splash colour around the gleaming whitewashed walls. Lush gardens ramble down to the sea.
Reasons enough to make Santa Caterina part of your lunxury, tailor-made holiday to Italy – especially if you’re a lover of the classic Italian way of life. The Caterina is still a true family hotel, managed by the descendants of its original, 1880s founder, Giuseppe Gambardella. So today you can expect the best traditions of hospitality and Italian cuisine.
Santa Caterina, at a glance
- Superb, 1880s boutique hotel set high on a regal cliff
- Just 700 metres from central Amalfi
- Choice of 66 guest rooms and suites
- Rooms feature balconies with sea views, elegant en suites, classic furnishings and individually painted Majolica floor tiles
- Suites offer living areas and balconies or terraces overlooking the Amalfi coast
- State of the art TV and air conditioning throughout
- Great restaurant specialising in classic regional fish dishes
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool overlooking the Mediterranean
- Terraced sun decks and Beach Club
- Fitness centre and gym with the latest equipment and fine views over the coast
- Boutique selling gifts, Majolica ceramics, jewellery and coral
- Cultural, culinary and historic tours to the Bay of Naples, Amalfi Coast and area of Vesuvius