Join the crowned heads of Europe, the international stars and the leading socialites who have made The Phoenicia their temporary home-from-home for over 65 years.
The five star Phoenicia is a Maltese landmark in its own right. Standing in an imposing setting at the City Gates of Valletta – Malta’s grand old capital – this has been the hotel of choice for some of the most important and famous visitors to Malta for over six decades. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, for example, stayed here as long ago as 1949 and have hosted more recent royal receptions here during state visits.
Step inside the impressive entrance lobby – or wander through the acres of sublime gardens – and you’ll see why royalty favours The Phoenicia. Its very architecture is in keeping with the castle-like bastion walls that surround fortified Valletta, yet includes great Baroque and Art Deco flourishes that give it a grand style all its own.
The Phoenicia, at a glance
- Five star hotel with a premier setting at the gates of Valletta
- 128 luxurious guest rooms and 8 supremely elegant suites
- The majority with breath-taking views of the harbour, fortifications, Valletta or surrounding countryside
- Art Deco styling, rich fabrics and décor including original Maltese artwork
- Award-winning Phoenix Restaurant serving traditional and contemporary Mediterranean fusion food
- Pegasus Brasserie and Palm Court lounge, club and pool bars
For leisure and pleasure
- Perfect situation for enjoying the shops and markets, churches and cathedral, theatres and galleries, cultural and culinary opportunities of this ancient city
- Glorious gardens for relaxation
- Bastion pool deck with bar and stunning harbour views
- Glamorous spa offering a full range of pampering and wellbeing treatments
- Tours and excursions arranged to suit you