You’ll find there’s something delightfully traditional about this famous Belmond hotel, with its emphasis on exceptional service. It is, after all, a Palace.
Not that there’s anything old fashioned about the Reid’s Palace spa. Or anything even remotely stuffy about the way it goes about pampering its guests – whether they be sports-mad 30-somethings, fun-seeking teenagers or travellers with altogether more experience of the world.
Nevertheless, Belmond Reid’s Palace is a hotel in the grand manner, with all the luxuries and traditions associated with the golden age of the Belmond. It stands high on a cliff, looking imperiously out to sea. Its white edifice and red tiled roofs are a local landmark, whilst its well established sub-tropical gardens, with a spa tucked away amongst the trees, have achieved international recognition. An accolade that applies to almost every facet of the Palace – especially its restaurants, including the sublime, Edwardian dining room.
Belmond Reid’s Palace, at a glance
- Stunning cliff top setting overlooking rolling Atlantic Ocean
- Conveniently close to Funchal
- Choice of 128 spacious guest rooms and 35 glorious suites
- All with king-size beds, marble bathrooms and sea or garden view balconies
- Suites have all of the above plus sitting rooms/areas
- Restaurants include the grand Edwardian Dining Room, the Ristorante Villa Cipriani, Les Faunes overlooking the bay, the al fresco Brisa do Mar
- Garden room, cocktail bar and pool and tea terraces
For leisure and pleasure
- No less then three swimming pools
- Palace spa with ocean views and world class treatments for women, men and children
- Sauna, steam room and fitness centre
- Two tennis courts with coach
- Scuba diving and windsurfing
- Deep sea fishing
- Garden and Levada walks
- Excursions arranged, including: boat trips, countryside hiking, Jeep safaris, helicopter tours, whale and dolphin spotting