Set in spectacular gardens overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Reid’s Palace is an iconic escape and the ultimate place to stretch out in the sun and relax.
Over the years this luxury hideaway has honed the art of pampering, earning a reputation as one of the best hotels in Funchal. Whatever your age or interest, there are activities both within the hotel’s estate and beyond to keep you on the go, all year round.
Reid’s Palace is a hotel in the grand manner, with all the luxuries and traditions associated with the golden age of the Belmond. It stands high on a cliff, looking imperiously out to sea. Its white edifice and red tiled roofs are a local landmark, whilst its well established sub-tropical gardens, with a spa tucked away amongst the trees, have achieved international recognition. An accolade that applies to almost every facet of the Palace – especially its restaurants, including the sublime, Edwardian dining room.
Reid’s Palace, at a glance
- Stunning cliff top setting overlooking rolling Atlantic Ocean
- Conveniently close to Funchal
- Choice of 158 spacious guest rooms and suites
- All with king-size beds, marble bathrooms and sea or garden view balconies
- Suites have all of the above plus sitting rooms/areas
- Restaurants include the grand Edwardian Dining Room, the Ristorante Villa Cipriani, Les Faunes overlooking the bay, the al fresco Brisa do Mar
- Garden room, cocktail bar and pool and tea terraces
For leisure and pleasure
- No less then three swimming pools
- Palace spa with ocean views and world class treatments for women, men and children
- Sauna, steam room and fitness centre
- Two tennis courts with coach
- Scuba diving and windsurfing
- Deep sea fishing
- Garden and Levada walks
- Excursions arranged, including: boat trips, countryside hiking, Jeep safaris, helicopter tours, whale and dolphin spotting