The Four Seasons isn’t merely surrounded by the ancient wonders of this fabulous city, it is actually part of Istanbul’s history and architectural heritage.
From its elaborate, grand entrance and magnificent reception area, you’d hardly imagine that this impressive, century-old, neoclassical, Sultanahmet hotel was once a Turkish prison. Of course, the levels of luxury and comfort have been somewhat enhanced over the decades and – as one of today’s guests – you’ll be visiting of your own free will. And there’s plenty to detain you: exquisite facilities, sublimely comfortable suites and world class cuisine.
On the outside, you have the freedom of the old city of Istanbul. The unmissable 6th century church of Hagia Sophia is just a few minutes walk away. The world famous, 17th century Blue Mosque with its fabulous dome and spiralling minarets is also within walking distance. The 15th century Topkapi Palace and the river are both easily accessible.
Four Seasons, at a glance
- Wonderful, atmospheric setting in the heart of old Istanbul
- Choice of 65 rooms and suites gathered around a charming courtyard and fragrant herb garden
- Splendid garden or city views
- Marbled en suites with deep tubs and separate showers
- Latest internet technology and TV
- Opulent restaurant, lounge and in-room dining
For leisure and pleasure
- Unrivalled base for experiencing Istanbul
- Great swimming pool with sun decks
- Spa with relaxing treatments and pampering
- Separate saunas and massage
- 1,114 sp m fitness centre with the latest cardio-vascular equipment
- Kids club and babysitters
- City tours to the Spice Market, Hagia Sophia and the alleyways of the old city