A lovingly restored colonial mansion, Meson de Maria offers just 20 characterful guestrooms in the historic heart of Antigua.
Warm earthy tones, rustic wooden furnishings and beautifully decorated bathrooms (complete with hand painted tiles) create an inviting ambience in each of the hotel’s individually decorated guestrooms. Away from your room, you’ll find many areas to relax in around the property from the lushly planted courtyards to the elegant salons and fabulous roof terrace overlooking the Agua, Fuego and Acatenango volcanoes. Breakfast is enjoyed on-site, and you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to lunch and dinner with plenty of superb eateries within walking distance.
With the main street and plaza just steps away, Meson de Maria is perfectly located for experiencing all historic Antigua has to offer. Art studios, boutique shops and the artisanal market - where you can browse locally made Guatemalan crafts and textiles - are right on your doorstep. For those seeking adventure a little further afield, the hotel’s staff can arrange for you to enjoy a variety of activities such as hiking up volcanoes, canopying through coffee fields and swimming in beautiful lakes.
Meson de Maria, at a glance
- Charming hotel housed in a converted colonial home in the historic heart of Antigua
- Just a few steps from Antigua’s main street, Calle del Arco
- 20 characterful guestrooms built around an open-air courtyard
- Rooms feature large comfy beds, wooden furnishings and a warm, earthy decor
- Beautiful bathrooms decorated with hand-painted tiles
- Breakfast and cocktails are served on the fabulous roof terrace or in the cosy breakfast room
- Concierge service on hand to help you with exploring the wonderful city of Antigua
For leisure and pleasure
- Rooftop terrace with great views towards the region’s volcanoes
- Explore Antigua’s colourful artisanal market
- Go horseback riding and hiking up nearby mountains
- Bicycle tours through the city
- Canopying through coffee fields
- Day trips to the Pacific Coast
- Visit nearby art studios and boutique shops