Haida House invites you to discover the untouched beauty of Haida Gwaii and immerse yourself in the captivating culture of its people. The perfect combination of adventure and relaxation.
You’ll find Haida House nestled on the Haida Gwaii archipelago just off the northern coast of British Colombia. The property has two sister lodges – Haida House and Ocean House – located on different parts of the islands. Haida House, perched on the banks of the Tlell River, has ten simple but comfortable guestrooms, as well as a gourmet restaurant and relaxing den. Located on the west coast of Moresby Island, Ocean House is a charming floating lodge with twelve guestrooms, as well as a hot tub, spa, bar and lounge area.
The Haida people have lived on these islands for many years, and a stay at one of these lodges is a fantastic opportunity to learn about their culture as well as the history of their lands. Choose from a range of all-inclusive experience packages, which include kayaking, rainforest trekking, cultural visits, tours of historic sites and wildlife viewing. This intriguing and isolated collection of islands – with their rugged shorelines and lush rainforests – have been dubbed the “Galapagos of the North” thanks to the unique flora and fauna that thrive here.
Haida House, at a glance
- Two lodges nestled in British Columbia’s rugged Haida Gwaii archipelago
- 22 comfortable guest rooms spread across Haida House and Ocean House
- Haida House is perched on the banks of the Tlell River at Tllal, whilst the Ocean House is located on Haida Gwaii’s remote west coast
- 100% Haida owned property
- Surrounded by 50 acres of river, open sky and ocean
- Gourmet restaurant serving seasonal dishes
- Bar, lounge area and library
- Complimentary Wi-Fi, board games, DVDs and books
For leisure and pleasure
- Choice of 3, 4 and 7-night eco-cultural experience packages
- Cultural excursions including visits to villages and traditional feasts
- Rainforest trekking with a knowledgeable guide
- Visit spectacular alpine lakes and waterfalls by floatplane
- Helicopter tours
- Kayaking and paddle boarding
- Wildlife adventures and marine life tours by zodiac
- Browse the gift shop for local art and products