The only authentic heritage haveli in the winding lanes of Old Delhi, a stay here will take you right back to the grandeur of the Mughal era. Acknowledged by UNESCO, the property boasts 13 lovingly restored rooms and an incredibly atmospheric roof terrace.
Concealed behind thick stone walls at the heart of the former Mughal capital, Haveli Dharampura is a wonderful base for exploring the area. It took six years of careful restoration to bring the 200-year-old property back to life, and thanks to the work of expert masons and artisans, the building retains much of its original character. The individually styled guestrooms feature Mughal-style furnishings and range from cosy Jharoka Rooms to sumptuous Shahjahan Suites with balconies and sitting areas.
Despite being at the heart of the chaotic Chandni Chowk bazaar, the haveli is surprisingly tranquil. As soon as you step through the arched gateway you will feel a world away from the busy streets beyond. From here you can head out to explore nearby markets and celebrated attractions like the Red Fort. At sunset, head up to the airy roof terrace where you can enjoy a stunning view over the domes and minarets of the Jama Masjid.
Haveli Dharampura, at a glance
• Exquisitely restored 200-year-old heritage haveli in bustling Old Delhi
• The only authentic heritage haveli in the area
• Incredible Mughal architecture with red-sandstone colonnades
• Centred on a large marble courtyard
• 13 individually decorated rooms of various sizes including two Shahjahan Suites, six Diwan-e-Khas Rooms and five Jhakora Rooms
• In-room amenities include a satellite LCD TV, tea/coffee maker, electronic safe, high-speed internet access and yoga mats
• Lakhori Restaurant serving authentic cuisine inspired by the city’s famous street food and Mughlai dishes
For leisure and pleasure
• Within walking distance of top sights including the spice market, Jama Masjid and Red Fort
• Rooftop terrace with outstanding views of Old Delhi
• Kite flying
• Live cultural performances
• Guided heritage walks and street food tours
• Explore the bazaars and colourful shops beyond