Dramatically perched at 11,500 feet in the Himalayan kingdom of Ladakh, the mountain views from the rooms at The Indus Valley are incredible.
The Indus Valley provides a luxurious base from which to immerse yourself in this vast landscape of pristine, unspoilt beauty. As you step across the threshold into your room you’ll be welcomed by plush interiors, polished wooden floors, crystal chandeliers and elegant, custom furnishings. Of course, the highlight of your room has to be the wonderful panoramic views it enjoys of the Stok ranges.
If you can draw yourself away from the view, venture outside to experience what the region has to offer, from its traditional markets to its monasteries, festivals, mountains and lakes. Back at the hotel, head to the orchard garden where you can relax to the sounds of cascading waterfalls and dine on freshly grilled BBQs. The main restaurant, Silk Route Kitchen, offers dishes inspired by a wide range of cuisines, from pizza to dumplings, while you can also get steaming bowls of noodles day and night from the 24-hour bistro. Evenings are lively with various cultural shows and exhibitions.
The Indus Valley, at a glance
• Refined hotel with a superb location in Leh, the capital of Ladakh
• Spacious and comfortably furnished rooms ranging from Classic Rooms to the expansive Indus Valley Suite
• Amenities include a mini-bar, in-room dining, high-speed Wi-Fi, 49-inch televisions, spa amenities, rainfall showers and 400 thread count linens
• Stunning panoramic views of the surrounding snow-capped mountains
• 24-hour bistro
• Silk Route Kitchen inspired by the culinary traditions of the ancient Silk Route
For leisure and pleasure
• Perfect base for discovering the region’s monasteries, markets and mountains
• Orchard garden with four waterfalls
• Freshly prepared outdoor BBQs
• State-of-the-art gym
• Pool table and rock climbing
• Cultural shows
• Camel safaris in the Nubra Valley
• Mountain biking and Tibetan horse riding
• Kayaking and rafting