An exclusive wellness retreat made up of serene cottages and villas overlooking the tranquil waters of Chittar Lake, Anantya Resort is perfect for a romantic getaway or relaxing family break.
The resort is designed to be as eco-friendly as possible, making use of locally sourced and reclaimed materials in its construction. Mud walls, exposed brickwork, rubble masonry and handmade tiles all add to the property’s natural, rustic feel. The hotel’s multi-cuisine Svaad restaurant, with its alfresco dining room framed by lily ponds, is a highlight. The Soma Bar, meanwhile, is the perfect spot to enjoy a drink alongside panoramic lake views.
Accommodation, designed with the discerning traveller in mind, comes in the form of 21 beautiful lake-facing rooms. All have large windows letting in the beautiful tropical surroundings and their rolling green hills. Some have private walled gardens and open-to-the-sky outdoor showers, whilst others feature private yoga courts and plunge pools.
As well as yoga, meditation, Ayurveda and wellness programs, guests can enjoy a wide range of activities in the surrounding area including fishing with locals, hiking to Jain temples, bathing in waterfalls and birdwatching.
Anantya Resort, at a glance
- High-end lakeside retreat on the banks of Chittar Lake
- Set on a 100-acre rubber plantation on the border of Kerala and Tamil Nadu
- Choose from a collection of 21 lake-facing, air-conditioned cottages and villas
- Four categories of rooms, with features that range from walled gardens and outdoor showers to gazebos, lily pond patios, outdoor Jacuzzis and private plunge pools
- Restaurant serving a mix of Indian, Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy alfresco dining by the lily pond or private dining experiences
- Soma Bar with panoramic lake views
- Less than an hours’ drive from the picturesque sandy beaches at Kovalam
For leisure and pleasure
- Beautiful swimming pool overlooking the lake
- Indulge in rejuvenating Ayurveda spa therapies at the Astitva spa
- Take part in individual and group wellness retreats focusing on yoga, meditation, Ayurevda and healthy eating
- Walk through the planation to see the different species of plants and trees
- Try your hand at native fishing local fishermen
- Enjoy mountain and forest hikes
- Visit a tribal settlement to learn about the customs and traditions of the Kani
- Visit the Keralan weaving centre of Balaramparuam or the nearby town of Trivandrum where you can enjoy a backwater cruise and shop for local handicrafts
- Cooking demonstrations