Framed by thick pine forests at the heart of the Punakha Valley, the Dhensa Boutique Resort radiates calm and tranquillity.
The resort’s minimalist, uncluttered aesthetic keeps the focus on Punakha’s beautiful hillsides. Floor-to-ceiling windows lead out onto private balconies where you can soak up the crisp mountain air each morning. The restaurant offers a simple but nourishing menu of Bhutanese and Western-style dishes crafted out of seasonal, local and organic produce.
The resort itself is surrounded by a plethora of picturesque walking trails, including the short trek up the mountain to the historic Sangchhen Dorji Lhuendrup Lhakhang Nunnery. When you’re not hiking the surrounding hillsides, you can take to rafting on the river or get a taste of local life on a village visit. Otherwise, the hotel has a sauna, an outdoor hot tub and a spa offering a selection of soothing treatments.
Dhensa Boutique Resort, at a glance
- Serene resort set at the heart of the Punakha Valley in Bhutan
- 24 rooms with beautiful, minimalist interiors and superior amenities
- Contemporary designed adorned with handmade Bhutanese artefacts
- Al fresco, farm-to-table dining
- Lounge bar
- Stunning valley views
For leisure and pleasure
- Spa, sauna, steam room and wood-fired hot tub
- Yoga and meditation room
- Open air bonfire
- Beautiful walks in the surrounding hillsides
- River rafting on the Pho Chhu and Mo Chuu rivers
- Visit to nearby temples and historic sites
- Biking excursions