Sandwiched between the Indian Ocean and the magnificent Negombo Lagoon, eco-conscious Jetwing Lagoon was one of the first creations of legendary Sri Lankan architect Geoffrey Bawa.
Guests can expect a minimalist, tropical aesthetic complete with tiled floors, heavy wooden furniture and original bay windows. All rooms feature calming earthen colours, rain showers and freestanding tubs, whilst the more luxurious categories add private terraces, courtyards and little seating areas. With two wonderful open-air restaurants and a stylish poolside bar, Jetwing Lagoon offers one of the finest dining experiences in Negombo. You can choose to dine against an array of stunning backdrops, from the private pier above the lagoon to the lush gardens.
Alongside its fabulous 100-metre swimming pool - the longest pool on the west coast - the resort has its own Ayurveda Spa where modern facilities meet ancient healing therapies for a truly revitalising experience. If you can tear yourself away from the resort, there are birdwatching boat safaris to enjoy in the nearby mangroves of Muthurajawela, as well as temple visits and tours around the historical sites of Negombo.
Meanwhile, a professional water sports centre next to the resort’s calm lagoon has everything you need to enjoy jet-skiing, canoeing and kayaking among other aquatic activities.
Jetwing Lagoon, at a glance
- Boutique wellness resort situated on a scenic stretch of Sri Lanka’s northwestern coast
- Located between the vast Indian Ocean and the serene Negombo Lagoon
- 55 spacious rooms and suites minimally furnished in warm earthy tones
- Two expansive open-air restaurants alongside a stylish bar
- All lighting powered by solar energy
- 30 minutes from the capital of Colombo
For leisure and pleasure
- Impressive 100-metre swimming pool
- Ayurveda Spa specialising in ancient healing therapies delivered by skilled therapists
- Contemporary fitness centre
- Yoga sessions
- State-of-the-art, professional water sports centre offering a wide range of water sports on the calm waters of the lagoon
- Other activities include temple visits, birdwatching excursions, fishing and Negombo tours