You’re close to the colour, the life and the markets of Thimphu. Yet you’re also surrounded by peaceful, blue pine forest.
Thimphu is the capital of Bhutan and tantalisingly close to Amankora Thimphu. So, within a short journey, you will find yourself revelling in the city’s bustling shops and traditional markets that burst with local produce, art and crafts. You can sample the restaurants, fountains and prayer wheels of Clock Tower Square or visit numerous museums and heritage centres.
From Amankora Thimphu you can also discover the secret villages, the untouched eco-systems, the local culture and the pure spirituality of Bhutan - one of the world’s special places.
Amankora Thimphu, at a glance
- All Amankora’s Lodges have been created to encourage you to experience the rich cultural heritage and stunning topography of Bhutan, whilst discovering inner peace and comfort
- Amankora Thimphu offers a choice of 16 suites
- Quiet retreat with gorgeous views across the forest stream or landscaped courtyard
- Open plan lounges and bedrooms, Bukhari wood-burning stoves, terrazzo-clad baths, separate showers and conveniences
For leisure and pleasure
- Amankora Thimphu offers the unrivalled spa – with soothing and replenishing treatments, steam room and yoga/meditation rooms – that is found in all Amankora lodges, and also specialises in Royal Bhutanese treatments
- Thimphu is further complemented by its closeness to the capital’s sights, shops and markets
- Easy access to Taschichoe Dzong – the Bhutan seat of government and King’s office