You are unlikely to find a McDonalds or Pizza Express. In fact, there is very little evidence that western civilisation even exists in the mountain kingdom of Bhutan. Tucked high in the most remote corner of the Himalayas, little has changed in centuries. Untouched by mass tourism, the country’s isolation has been its preservation.
What you will find if you make Gangtey Goenpa Lodge part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Bhutan is sublime serenity. You can spend hours watching white clouds rolling across the roof of the world, and their shadows chasing across the floor of Gangte Valley. You will also be able to experience early morning balloon rides and take hikes and excursions to discover dramatic scenery and unchanged cultures, temples perched on cliffs and remote villages.
Gangtey Goenpa Lodge, at a glance
- Beautifully designed, boutique mountain lodge set high above the Gangtey Valley
- Just 12 extremely well-appointed guest rooms within rural Bhutan architecture
- Cosy fireplaces
- Décor themes and furnishings that reflect the country’s rich cultural heritage
- Slipper baths overlooking the valley
- Luxurious fabrics and linens, leather sofas and designer furniture
- Lounge and dining space with floor-to-ceiling views over the valley
For leisure and pleasure
- The world’s highest commercial balloon flights, soaring over the vastness of the Himalayas
- A true-once-in-a-lifetime photographic opportunity
- Trekking and walking to remote beauty points
- Cultural excursions to discover unchanged ways of life and traditional Bhutanese mountain villages
- Time, space and peace to experience utter tranquillity