Images coming soon…
Nestled in a grove of fragrant blue pine trees in the spiritual heart of Bhutan, Six Senses Bumthang is the most easterly of the brand’s Bhutan portfolio.
A ‘forest within a forest’, the riverside Six Senses Bumthang allows its guests to feel truly immersed in nature. The rooms are all uncluttered with natural timber panelling and neutral colours, putting the focus on the outside greenery. Huge floor-to-ceiling windows let in plenty of natural light, as well as stunning views of the surrounding landscape. In line with Six Senses’ sustainability commitment, you can expect your room to be beautifully fitted with recycled and handcrafted wooden furnishings.
Activities include hiking, horseback riding and insightful excursions to discover the region’s temples, monasteries and monuments. Once you’ve worked up an appetite, you can dine on delicious Bhutanese cuisine in the on-site restaurant or retreat to the cosy living room and lounge. The lodge’s stunning Six Senses Spa and Wellness Centre even has hot stone bath facilities - perfect for a post-hike indulgence.
Six Senses Bumthang, at a glance
• Eco-luxury lodge nestled in a pine grove in Bhutan’s Bumthang district
• Strong sustainability foundation reflected through the management of energy, water and waste
• Eight suites and one two-bedroom villa (ideal for families)
• Understated interiors with wooden floors and walls
• Expansive windows look out onto exceptional views
• Viewing deck
• All-day dining restaurant serving Bhutanese cuisine with both indoor and outdoor seating
For leisure and pleasure
• Hot stone bath facilities
• Guided meditations and yoga classes
• Library, living room and lounge
• Six Senses Spa and Wellness Centre with two single rooms
• Well placed for discovering the monasteries, temples and monuments of Bumthang
• Explore the valley’s cottage industries
• Horseback riding and hiking opportunities