A real ‘Palace in the Sky’, Six Senses Thimphu offers its guests a taste of pure luxury from its enviable, elevated location above Bhutan’s capital.
Six Senses Thimphu feels wonderfully secluded from mountainside perch, a position which commands awe-inspiring views of valley’s forested mountains and Buddha Dordenma. Enveloped by apple orchards, blue pine forests and ancient monasteries, it’s a peaceful spot whilst still being within easy reach of the city’s attractions. The design of the lodge is elegant, open plan and reflective of the values of Bhutanese culture. Facilities include a 25-metre heated indoor pool, an indulgent Six Senses Spa and comfortable lounge.
Light wooden furnishings, simple lines and soft neutrals lend a natural feel, whilst outdoor ponds spectacularly mirror the sky above. Guests are accommodated in 25 generously sized villas and suites which come equipped with traditional wood-burning stoves, oversized decks/courtyards, organic bedding and floor-to-ceiling windows looking out onto the beautiful surroundings. Even the bathrooms, with their large timber-framed windows, have beautiful valley panoramas. Guests can opt to dine in the lodge’s restaurant or privately in their room.
Six Senses Thimphu, at a glance
• Rustic, upscale lodge set 2,650 metres up the mountainside above Thimphu Valley
• Sensational views of the valley and the 54-metre-high Buddha Dordenma statue
• 25 generously sized rooms and suites
• Decor incorporating the heritage of Bhutan
• Private outdoor decks/courtyards with glorious mountain and valley views
• Amenities include rain showers, organic bedding, writing desks, coffee machines, 43-inch TVs and unlimited Wi-Fi
• Villas also come with private dining areas for up to eight people
• Dine on seasonally-inspired, organic and authentic Bhutanese dishes at the Namkha restaurant
• Strong sustainability focus
For leisure and pleasure
• Apple and walnut picking (seasonal)
• 25-metre heated indoor swimming pool
• Welcoming bar and lounge
• Serene prayer pavilion
• Superb Six Senses Spa and wellness centre with a fitness room
• Yoga and archery lessons
• Cultural performances
• Sunken outdoor performance deck
• Within easy reach of the National Library, Folk Heritage Museum and Buddha Dordenma