Bordering the forests of Jim Corbett National Park, this highly acclaimed eco-resort boasts a selection of elegant guestrooms to suit all sizes, a gorgeous pool and fabulous multi-cuisine restaurant.
Laidback and peaceful, the Aahana Resort is named after the Sanskirt word for the ‘first rays of the rising sun’, which is apt as each morning the property finds itself bathed in the golden glow of sunrise. Housed within ten Victorian-style buildings are 48 inviting and beautifully-appointed guestrooms, each offering space, privacy and modern amenities like coffee machines, flat screen TVs and hot and cold running water.
Stay here during your luxury, tailor-made holiday to India and you’ll have authentic Ayurveda treatments and a huge swimming pool – with a lush jungle backdrop – at your disposal. Not to mention delicious food inspired by both regional and international cuisine. You’ll find yourself on the southern edge of Jim Corbett National Park, an area of rich biodiversity where excursions include jeep, horse and elephant safaris, as well as guided nature walks and bird watching. Keep your eyes peeled for the elusive Bengal tiger, leopard and sloth bear.
Aahana Resort, at a glance
- Beautifully designed, eco-friendly resort in the state of Uttarakhand
- Set in 11 acres between a local village and the Jim Corbett National Park
- 48 luxuriously appointed living units with warm interiors, deluxe furnishings and stylish décor
- Amenities include tea/coffee makers, mini fridge, 32” LCD TVs, air-conditioning and hot & cold running water
- Balconies/outdoor seating area with views over the gardens, pool and jungle
- Bathrooms feature an enclosed rainforest shower
- Multi-cuisine restaurant serving wholesome, gourmet food using fresh and locally sourced ingredients
- Superb hospitality, with the majority of staff coming from nearby villages
- Dedicated to sustainable tourism by offering a range of low impact experiences
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool with a built-in Jacuzzi
- Separate kids pool and play area
- Jungle safaris in the beautiful Jim Corbett National Park
- Fantastic bird watching opportunities
- Endless nature walks and hiking trails to explore, some through the forest and others along the river bed of the Kosi River
- Aahana Naturopathy Centre offering Ayurveda treatments, yoga and western spa therapies in a relaxed, eco-friendly environment
- Pool table, table tennis and games room with chess and playing cards
- Visit the 18-hole Raj Bhavan Golf course
- Enjoy a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride around the jungle