Tented luxury on the banks of the luscious Banjaar River, Banjaar Tola Camp provides an oasis in the midst of the teaming Indian jungle.
With Kanhar – one of India’s largest national parks – on your doorstep, what will you discover? Wild tigers for a start. Kanha National Park is part of Project Tiger – the highly successful big cat preservation programme – so you can expect some dramatic photo opportunities. Then there are leopards and jackals, ant-eating pangolins and several species of deer – including the rare barasingha – as well as porcupine, hyena, wild pigs, black buck, mouse deer and hundreds of species of kaleidoscopic birds.
Kanha is so rich in flora and fauna that it has over 70 recorded types of trees alone! And then there is Banjaar Tola itself. Standing on the banks of the Banjaar River, it’s a collection of tented suites on raised platforms – giving you stunning views over the river and passing wildlife.
Banjaar Tola, at a glance
- Beautiful riverside setting in the heart of Kanha National Park
- Just four hours from Jabalpur and Raipur airports
- Choice of 18 tented suites divided into two encampments
- All with raised platforms and private decks giving great river views
- Bamboo floors, rustic timber furniture, canvas wardrobes
- Delicious local cuisine served in the forest or on sweeping decks, including famous hearty breakfasts
- Awarded the UN-backed, TOFTigers Eco-Accreditation
For leisure and pleasure
- Inviting swimming pool
- Twice-daily game drives in specially-designed 4x4 vehicles
- Trained naturalists
- Tiger safaris on elephants
- 200 recorded species of birds
- Explore lush bamboo forests, meadows, ravines, lowland forests and highland thickets
- Cookery lessons with the chef
- Camp fire with traditional tribal dancing
- Expert massage