Forget your traditional idea of camping. Even ‘glamping’ doesn’t compare. This is Ultra-camping and some of India’s most spectacular and picturesque settings are the destinations.
Ultra-camping will destroy your preconceptions of a life under canvas, but it will also reinforce your most romantic and sensory mind-pictures of India’s remote destinations.
Make a camping expedition part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to India and you will be wafted, in incomparable comfort, to the dramatic scenery, the ethereally beautiful rural landscapes, the colourful culture, the mountains and sacred rivers that symbolise the mystery of the subcontinent.
The Ultimate Travelling Camps, at a glance
- Each camp offers individual luxuries, but expect spacious, airy, Maharaja-style tents
- King-sized beds with crisp white linen
- En suite bathrooms
- Full butler service
- Private sun/star-gazing decks
- Exquisite, under-the-stars dining
- Chamba Camp, Diskit, Ladakh offers luxury suited tents in the shadow of Diskit Monastery. All tents have ensuite bathrooms, private decks, crisp linen and your very own butler. Activities include camel safaris and walking tours through ancient villages.
- Chamba Camp, Thiksey, Ladakh presents you with polo matches and rafting along the Indus River, picnic lunches and campfire travelogues – amidst ancient monasteries, mountain passes and cobalt lakes.