Discover the incredible wildlife, enchanting scenery and rich culture of the Terai from the comfort of Jaagir Lodge, a luxurious haven with accommodation and service to match.
Jaagir Lodge certainly believes that diversity is the spice of life. So if you were to stay here as part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to India you’d find that every day brings a different series of opportunities. Like safaris and photography excursions in four different game reserves, where you’ll be met by a procession of unique wildlife including tigers, leopards, Asiatic black bears, swamp deer, rhinoceros, elephants, sambars and wild pigs. Not to mention around 400 bird species.
But as well as studying the wildlife, you’ll also gain a unique insight into the local way of life. You can visit nearby villages to learn about the ancient customs and traditions of the Tharu tribe, or grab a bicycle and ride through the surrounding farm fields. Perhaps you’d prefer to take leisurely strolls past picturesque lakes and rivers, or simply relax on your private veranda and listen to the sounds of the forest.
Jaagir Lodge, at a glance
- Luxurious lodge on the edge of Dudhwa National Park close to the Nepalese border
- Choice of four rooms and three opulent suites in the main lodge, and two individual villas set in luxuriant gardens
- Rooms have separate bedrooms and living areas and wide verandas – perfect for morning tea
- Suites have space to spare, four poster beds, high ceilings, en suite bathrooms and semi-private verandas
- Villas offer plush double beds, ultimately stylish bathrooms and vaulted, thatched ceilings
- Restaurant serving delicious regional cuisine
- The Ultimate Travelling Camp property
For leisure and pleasure
- Safaris to see the tigers, one horned rhino, wild elephants and swamp deer of the Dudhwa National Park
- Expeditions into Kishanpur Wildlife Sanctuary to track tigers, various deer and birds
- Boat safaris through Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary to see gharials and dolphins
- Game drives in the Philibit Tiger Reserve in search of tigers, antelope, Indian hornbill and langur monkeys
- Exceptional bird watching along the banks of the Sharda River
- Tractor tours of local villages and teaching opportunities in a nearby school
- White water rafting in the Indus Valley
- Master classes in Indian cuisine Swimming pool set in the lush jungle