That sense of everlasting serenity has a great deal to do with the ceaseless waves of the Arabian Sea rolling onto immaculate, honey-gold beaches. Not to mention long mornings spent lazing in the sun beside the pool. Indulgent showers in your private open-to-the-blue-sky bathroom. Hours spent on your veranda breathing in the scent of jasmine and watching the hypnotic effect of the rolling sea.
Will you ever want to leave? Not if the Surya Samudra can help it, a luxury retreat by Niramaaya Resorts. It conspires to keep you as long as possible, with its superbly luxurious, traditionally-styled Keralite cottages – the perfect blend of time-weathered materials and modern comforts. And its cliff top restaurant serving local specialities that combine subtle herbs with fiery seasonings from the Far East.
Surya Samudra, at a glance
- Luxurious resort and spa offering 31 Keralite heritage cottages set in lush countryside, beside a glorious beach
- Large tented beds and spacious sitting areas
- Private, open air bathrooms with designer showers
- Huge picture windows – most with sweeping views of the beach and Arabian Sea
- Fine dining in the cliff top Essence restaurant, all-day dining on Café Samsara’s veranda overlooking the beach
- Bar Madira for cocktails at sunset
For leisure and pleasure
- Great floodlit swimming pool amid gardens scented by jasmine
- Restorative spa offering timeless, therapeutic treatments from across the world
- Cleansing spa diet
- Excursions arranged to Shree Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Napier Museum and Art gallery and the carved temple at Suchindram
- Cruises to nearby Poovar and Kerala houseboats
- Trips to neighbouring orchid plantations