As befitting a great duchess of the colonial period, The Oberoi Grand has a most distinguished façade, an impeccable reputation for correctness in all things and a bearing that is both stately and graceful. Indeed, The Grand Dame still welcomes heads of state, visiting and international celebrities. You only have to wander into The Oberoi Grand’s opulent ballroom – the largest of its kind in Kolkata – to imagine yourself in the midst of a glittering state occasion, surrounded by uniformed generals, diplomats and a swirl of immaculately dressed dancers.
A definite must-stay when you visit Kolkata on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to India. Especially as the Grand Dame also welcomes you with all the most modern amenities, and an enviable setting in the heart of the city’s business district.
The Oberoi Grand, at a glance
- Landmark, colonial-style hotel in one of Kolkata’s most prestigious areas
- Huge choice of spacious rooms and frankly sumptuous suites
- All with king-sized beds and en suite bathrooms with full length baths and showers
- The largest suites typically feature separate dining rooms and/or lounges, high ceilings and multiple private balconies
- La Terrasse and Baan Thai Restaurants serving world class food, plus Chowringhee Bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool surrounded by palms and immaculate quadrant garden
- Spa wing including therapy and fitness rooms, massage beds and steam room
- The largest pillar-less ballroom in the city and vast banqueting space
- Lobby with a 200 year old piano and massive chandelier
- Perfect base for exploring the bustling local markets and Kolkata’s most impressive sites
- Guided city tours and European walk