Time seems to stand still at the Neeleshwar Hermitage, a tropical boutique hideaway enveloped by 12 acres of beautiful gardens in an undisturbed corner of northern Kerala.
Loved for its warm service and serene ambience, Neeleshwar Hermitage is the perfect place to end a tour through southern India. Forget the stresses of modern life and immerse yourself in a world of coconut plantations and fragrant spice gardens.
Cookery classes, backwater cruises and relaxing yoga sessions will fill your days, in between loafing on the spacious sun terrace by the infinity pool. The elegant Priya Ayurvedic Spa is restorative after a day exploring the unspoiled waterways and countryside of this delightful region, with a full menu of relaxing massages and holistic treatments to choose from.
Healthy, mostly vegetarian options are served in the main restaurant, Annapurna, whilst mouth-watering seafood caught fresh by local fisherman can be enjoyed at the beachside Meenakshi restaurant. Constructed by local craftsmen, the 18 fisherman-style thatched cottages are large, airy and beautifully decorated with natural materials, each with its own private courtyard garden.
Neeleshwar Hermitage, at a glance
- Boutique, eco-conscious wellness retreat situated on the northern Malabar coast close to the town of Neeleshwar
- 18 detached cottages scattered about the tropical gardens, with handmade, traditional planter-style furnishings, Keralan objets d’art and contemporary amenities
- Ensuite bathrooms with open-to-the-sky rain showers
- Two restaurants serving a range of tasty dishes drawing on Indian, Middle-Eastern and European flavours
- Two intimate bars, Annapurna and Varuna
- Personalised service and great attention to detail
- Two hours from Mangalore International Airport
For leisure and pleasure
- Explore the region’s beautiful backwaters aboard the resort’s own Lotus houseboat
- Magnificent infinity pool and sun terrace
- Priya Spa offering complimentary consultations and traditional Ayurvedic treatments
- Complimentary yoga classes held each morning, as well as multi-day yoga and meditation programs
- Relax amidst the luxuriant gardens
- Explore the long beach with its clean, swimmable waters
- Learn how to prepare local Malabar dishes at a cookery class run by the resort’s resident chefs